Saturday, May 3, 2008

vince

Today sucks. Vince just finished packing up and left, on his way to Flint and then Grand Rapids. He was right with what he said standing outside his car. This is just the end of the house for the both of us, not the end of our friendship. I know that's true. Over the last 4 years, Vince has become my very best friend and one of the most important people in my life. I'm endlessly proud of him and his accomplishments, and I respect him in every way a person can be respected. We've helped each other out through some of the worst times in our lives, and we've laughed with each other through some of the very best. I'm lucky to even know him and privileged to be his friend. That's probably why I broke down as I walked away from him and back into the emptying house and why I'm holding more back right now.


Vince: I love you very much and you mean more to me than I think you'll ever really know. Our friendship is something that I cherish deeply and know will last the rest of our lives. In between times we see each other, know that I'm missing you and wishing you the very best.


-steve



No comments: