Saturday, February 9, 2008

oh shit

So, there's a good article on pitchfork talking about how Björk asked Ratatat to open for her two shows this December on the west coast - of course they said yes.  And that's hot as shit.

But then there's also this:








That's Ratatat remixing Wanderlust from Volta.  That's right, I'm telling the truth and the audio is obviously not lying.  (I'm sorry for the quality - I ripped it from a youtube movie and had to convert it a couple times to get it up here - it should still be enjoyable).

Apparently that track is from a 4 song remix vinyl white album that is coming out soon.  Of course I love Björk more than most people (ask me about my next tattoo), and Ratatat is dope as hell, but I'm just not into vinyl.  This may make me reconsider so that I can have this in good quality, but the only problem I see is that it may make me want to get all of Björk's vinyls.  And I'm having a hard enough time, even with my 30+ CDs, keeping up with all her mad singles releases and rare finds.

But I do have that radio only copy of Quiet Fireworks that is actually illegal for me to possess.

-steve

No comments: